- Meniscal tears are common in young patients with sports related injuries and older patients as a degenerative condition.
- It is of higher risk in ACL deficient knees.
- Medial tears are more common than lateral tears.
- Sudden squatting or twisting the knee.
- Older people due to age, worn out tissues and weak cartilages.
- Even a twist while doing sit to stand may lead to tear in old age.
- Pain localizing to medial or lateral side.
- Locking and clicking of knee especially while squatting
- Delayed or intermittent fasting.
- Joint line tenderness is the most sensitive physical examination finding.
- Physical Examination
- Conservative or surgical - depending on the grade of tear.
- Healing & Recovery, reduce effusion
- Functional training and conditioning