Overuse injury or repetitive load injury of the shin area that includes medial tibial stress syndrome.
- Runners without enough shock absorption ( running on cement or uneven surfaces, improper running shoes).
- Training errors (sudden increase in training intensity and duration).
- Over pronation or flat feet
- Stress fractures which are tiny breaks in the lower limb.
- Vague, diffuse pain.
- Tenderness or soreness in the inner part of your leg.
- Initially, pain may stop when you stop running or exercising and eventually pain is continuous.
- Pain relief
- Reduce tenderness and soreness
- Muscle strengthening
- Restore the level of function before the injury.