A chronic, systemic autoimmune disease with a genetic predisposition. It is the most common form of inflammatory arthritis.
- Regardless of the exact cause,an immune system can accelerate to promote inflammation in the joints and at times other tissues of the body.
- Immune response thought be related to infectious etiology or HLA focus.
- insidious onset of morning stiffness and polyarthropathy
- usually affects hands and feet, DIP joint of hand is usually spared
- It may also affect knees, cervical spine, elbows, ankle and shoulder
- The symptoms of RA come and go, depending on the degree of tissue inflammation.
- Examination of joints for the inflammation and deformity.
Non operative :
- medications, physiotherapy, bracing.
- depending on the specific condition.